Saturday, January 19, 2008

Lost a little

I went back to Weight Watchers 12/29 after being AWOL for several weeks, then skipped 2 weeks, then finally went back today (1/19) and have lost 4 pounds, down to 166.2. Yay me! Older son moved to Georgia for his first post college grad job and younger son went back to college after the winter break...so I cleaned out the fridge and pantry of the ingredients for "are you making my favorite XYZ Momma?" and actually felt a little bereft but quickly said "hey snap out of it girlfriend!" Portion control and walking the dog helped...and an upcoming anniversary trip in 2 weeks might also be an incentive since I have to wear a swimming suit. My initial WW goal weight is 156, and I think I'll keep it at that for WW, so I can stop paying the monthly fee, but I'd really like to weigh 146. I think... I'm not sure I really know what my ideal numeric value is quite frankly. I'm a size 12 now? A size 10 or an 8? How do we determine what size or how much to weigh is right?...maybe I just should see how I feel and look in 5-10 pound increments. And also how I maintain or not maintain the "ideal" weight. I want to finally stop the yoyo up and down of 10-15-20 pounds. WW says it's a life style change not a diet. I'd love to "not" diet anymore...it's frustrating. No worries today though as I celebrate a small victory. 

No comments: